Kitchen renovations completed in eight short and arduous weeks.
This galley kitchen just got a little update after eight long years! All thanks to the inspiration and yes, the motivational eight-week timeline, set by One Room Challenge (hosted by Apartment Therapy)!
And yes, while the majority of of social media (and most people) seems semi-obsessed with white kitchens, we’ve updated this brown kitchen with maple cabinets in an eclectic, casual, more modern, fully functional and comfortable space. All that has made her perfect — for our family, our needs and in keeping with the existing style of our home.
Now, does that mean I won’t change my mind in a year or two, or five? Of course! As my style evolves, so will our house (and kitchen). I might stain the cabinets darker or even paint them a dark gray or warm white. I might even change the countertops or continue the wood floors throughout. That to me is the fun part about making your house a home, much to my husband’s chagrin (you know, the budget thing)!
I’m really happy with how it all turned out! Here’s a list of what we did:
- Decluttered and deep cleaned (and professionally re-seal tiled floors)
- Removed extra cabinet and replaced with floating shelves
- Replaced solid wood cabinet doors with glass ones
- Updated overhead and under cabinet lighting
- Updated backsplash
- Added pot filler faucet over stove
- Replaced all major appliances
- Updated cabinet hardware
- Reorganized the pantry, added new shelving and new refrigeration option
- Reorganized all cabinet drawers, outfitting them with custom storage solutions
- Created board and batten wall
- Updated stairwell leading to kitchen
- Updated window and doorway trim
- Painted, painted and painted some more
Major “Thank You” to the amazing sponsors I worked with to create this kitchen edit!
In no particular order:
Havenly: Design assistance
TileClub: Backsplash tile
Rev-A-Shelf: Overall organization, under-cabinet pull out shelving, etc.
Pfister: Pot filler faucet
Mitzi: Overhead lighting in kitchen and pantry
ZLine: Oven range and vent hood
Novo Building Products: Staircase and railings
HoneyCanDo: Kitchen countertop and drawer organization
Ruggable: Kitchen floor rug
Loloi Rugs: Entryway rug
Urban Garden Prints: Wall art and prints
Handy Paint: Painting supplies
Well, what do you think? I’m glad to answer any overall questions or product-related questions you may have.
I’m so glad you stopped by! Be sure to check in weekly on this blog for updates and also catch up on my daily lifestyle and home decor tips by following me on the gram @thefarafix